List of updated Current Affairs: 1st – 15th May
- The High Courts were directed by the Supreme Court to set up panels of judges to regulate and monitor trials under the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act, 2012.
- Nod was given to TRAI proposal by The Telecom Commission to allow Mobile Communication on Aircraft services
- The first state to provide digitally-signed land record receipts (also known as 7/12 receipts)isMaharashtra.
- The government’s justification for passingthe AadhaarAct of 2016 as a Money Bill was questioned by the Supreme Court.
- The Best Actress Award was conferred posthumously on actor Sridevi, to husband Boney Kapoor and daughters Janhvi and Khushi at the 65th National Film Awards function in New Delhi by the President Ram Nath Kovind.
- The Indian Penal Code (Punjab Amendment) Bill,2016 and the Code of Criminal Procedure (Punjab Amendment) Bill, 2016 were withdrawn by the Punjab Government, the bills proposed life imprisonment for the sacrilege of the Guru Granth Sahib, the holy book of the Sikhs.
- A decision was taken by the Goods and Services Council to convert the GST network into a 100% government enterprise, and implement a single form for filing of returns.
- A writ petition filed by two Raya Sabha MPs, Partap Singh Bajwa and Dr. Amee Harshadray Yajnik, challenging Vice-President Venkaiah Naidu’s rejection of the impeachment motion against the CJI Dipak Misra will be heard by a five-judge Constitution Bench.
- An agreement was signed by India with the World Bank for a $200 million loan for implementing the National Nutrition Mission across 315 districts of the country.
10 Green license plates bearing numbers in white fonts for private e-vehicles and yellow for taxis has been approved by the Government.
- History was created by Ishaan K. Shaan and Surya as they became the first transsexual couple in Kerala to tie the knot, in a function at the Mannam Memorial National Club in Thiruvananthapuram
- India stands for a united, rich, strong Nepal said the Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi after talks with his Nepalese counterpart K.P. Sharma Oli in Kathmandu.
- The Cauvery water management scheme was filed as a draft by the Centre in the Supreme Court.
- Oommen Chandy the former Chief Minister of Kerala has been cleared of sexual charges by the Kerala High Court and expunges the solar commission’s findings based on a letter written by Saritha S. Nair, one of the accused in the solar scam cases.
- The principal bench of the National Company Law Appellate Tribunal gives the nod to Tata Steel bid for debt-ridden Bhushan Steel.
- U.S. actor Bill Cosby and film director, Roman Polanski were expelled by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences in the light of sexual assault cases against them.
2 After the Swedish Academy that selects the laureate fails to contain a deep crisis stemming from the #MeToo campaign, the Nobel Literature Prize 2018 was put off to 2019.
- A complaint was lodged by the U.S. with the WTO Committee on Agriculture that India has substantially under-reported its market price support for wheat and rice
- For a fourth term, Vladimir Putin was sworn in as Russia’s President at a ceremony at the Grand Kremlin Palace in Moscow.
- Villet Oviya, a medical aspirant from Tiruchi in Tamil Nadu developed Anitha-SAT, a lightweight satellite to measure the effects of air pollution and global warming, was launched from Aztra Labs in Mexico City.
- Six Indians employed in KEC, an Indian infrastructure and electricity major in Afghanistan has been abducted by unknown gunmen in Baghlan province.
7 U.S. President Donald Trump has made an announcement regarding a decision to pull out of the landmark nuclear deal with Iran and to reimpose the sanctions.
- Nikol Pashinyan the Opposition leader has been elected as the Prime Minister by Armenia’s Parliament
- Nonagenarian Mahathir Mohamad was sworn in as Malaysian Prime Minister.
10 After the battle between President Rodrigo Duterte and Maria Lourdes Sereno over the war on drugs the Philippines Supreme Court voted for the removal of its Chief Justice was Maria Lourdes Sereno.
- After talks between External Affairs Minister, Sushma Swaraj and top regime leaders in the capital Nay Pyi Taw, India and Myanmar have concluded the Agreement on Land Border Crossing.
- Najib Razak Malaysia’s former Prime Minister has been barred from leaving the nation.
- The ban on former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi from holding public office was lifted by an Indian tribunal
- “Type 001A”, China’s first domestically made aircraft carrier begins sea trials.