Gyan Series-Things to Remember 14 April 2019
1. Nitin Chugh is likely to succeed Samit Ghosh, the Managing Director and Chief Executive of Ujjivan Small Finance Banks.
2. With the intention of allowing the users to buy and sell gold through the app, Google has partnered with bullion refiner MMTC-PAMP India.
3. With the aim of training Indian junior players under world-renowned Serbian coaches at the R.K. Khanna Stadium, New Delhi, the All Indian Tennis Association (AITA) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Serbian Tennis Federation (STF).
4. With new enthusiasm, Indian Railways is introducing new schemes for the betterment of servicing and exciting plans as Indian Railways is one of the leading railway systems in the world.
5. The meeting of BJP workers was held in Ahmednagar to review the reparations for PM’s rally as Prime Minister, Narendra Modi will be addressing a rally in Maharashtra.
6. For the remeasurement of the height of Mount Everest, Nepal sent a team of experts.
7. There are the chances of entering the name of Nizamabad Lok Sabha constituency in Telangana, for the use of the largest number of Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs).
8. According to Bloomberg, Hong Kong has overtaken Japan as the third largest stock market, after the U.S. and mainland China.
9. A team of Greek and Spanish Doctors has produced a baby using genetic material from two women and a man.
10. As Western Railway said, RailTel’s RailWire Wi-Fi is now live at 1,600th station across the country.