Gyan Series-Things to remember 24th March
- India won the SAFF Women’s Championship for the fifth time in a row by defeating Nepal in the final round.
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal and Dr. Harsh Vardhan have got their names listed in the ‘World’s 100 Most Influential People in Climate Policy for 2019’.
- National Stock Exchange’s IT services subsidiary NSEIT has acquired Aujas Networks Ltd. which provides information security consulting and IT risk Management services.
- Mobile Methadone Vans were launched by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Delhi for providing treatment to opioid addicts in Delhi.
- ‘AI for India Summit’ will be organized by Facebook on 26th of March 2019 in Bangaluru , with an aim to focus on discussing inclusive growth and solutions to the most enduring social challenges.
- ‘Hockey India Coaching Education Pathway’ was launched with an aim to provide certification to those who are already coaches or wish to pursue coaching as a career option.
- Chacko Purackal Thomas has been appointed as the managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Tata Coffee by replacing Sanjiv Sarin.
- A ‘Voluntary Code of Ethics’ was presented by the Social Media Platforms and the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI) for the upcoming General Elections 2019 to the Election Commission of India.
- A special stamp cover on Ice Stupa was released by India Post in Leh at an event in the presence of Sonam Wangchuk the founder of Himalayan Institute of Alternatives Ladakh.
- IDBI bank’s proposal to change its name following the transfer of a controlling 51% stake to LIC, Insurance Behemoth, from the Government of India was turned down by Reserve Bank of India.