Gyan Series- Things to Remember 25th March
- In order to provide cyber insurance cover for the mobile wallet users ICICI Lombard General Insurance went into partnership with Mobikwik.
- To set up a Space Technology Cell in the campus of IIT Roorkee, a tie up deal was done between IIT Roorkee and ISRO.
- For the construction of an educational campus in Nepal, India provided Rs. 35.5 million as financial assistance to Nepal.
- A major project for the India army has been given clearance by the Defence Ministry for the accquisition of 10 lakh ‘Made in India’ multi-mode hand granades.
- A rule based approach has been proposed by Reserve bank of India for fixing new Ways and Means limits for the state Governments, replacing the previous expenditure based system.
- Metropolition Stock Exchange of India’s arm Metropolitan Clearing Corporation of India Ltd has received recognition by the Bank of England as a Third Country Central Counterparty.
- Smart Grarbage Bins made of SAIL Salem stainless steel was launched by the Steel Authority of India Ltd.
- With the theme of ‘Towards a Peaceful, Prosperous and Inclusive Region’ the maiden High- Level Dailogue on Indo-Pacific Cooperation took place in Indonesia.
- To detect a condition of drop in body temperature called hypothermia in new borns, a bracelet, Bempu has been developed for giving out alerts on temperature drop.
- A non binding protocol was signed between Italy and China to take part in Beijing’s new ‘Silk Road’.