Gyan Series- Things to Remember 28th March
- K. Sharma has been appointed as Special Central Police Observer for the States of West Bengal and Jharkhand by the Election Commission of India to oversee the deployment and other security-related issues.
- The University of Oxford will be honoring Cyrus Poonawalla and singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan at a ceremony on June 26th, 2019.
- Cruise service between India and Bangladesh will be started from 29th march 2019 for the transportation service through the Sunderbans to Dhaka.
- The largest e-waste recycling facility of the world has been opened at the Dubai Industrial Park.
- Croatia has honored Indian president Ram Nath Kovind with Croatia’s Highest Civilian Award, the Grand Order of the King of Tomislav on 26th march 2019.
- Miniratna Company incorporated by the ministry of Railways – The Rail Vikas Nigam Ltd. will open its initial public offering (IPO) for subscription on March 29th, 2019.
- John Players the apparel brand of ITC has been sold out to Reliance Retail.
- India has clinched the title of Space Superpower by creating an anti satellite weapon A-SAT which is capable of successfully targeting and destroying a live satellite in 3 minutes on a low earth orbit.
- A Cancer screening programme known as ‘Ummeed’ is being launched by the CARE Hospitals in association with Parimal Swasthya in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi Researchers has developed a low-power electronic hardware system, based on Artificial Intelligence that will detect malaria, tuberculosis, intestinal parasite and cervical cancer within a few milliseconds.