Gyan Series-Things to Remember 30 march
- ‘Mind the Gap: The state of employment in India’, is a report released by Oxfam India, assessing the gender disparities and role of social identities such as class and caste in employment in India.
- Found in the study, Arctic warming has weakened the temperature difference between the tropics and the poles, resulting in less precipitation.
- Scientists have; long known that turtles, birds, honeybees and even bacteria can sense the earth’s magnetic field and use them for navigation.
- The state is complaining about the Centre regarding the case of Goods and Services tax, that it is taking longer than usual time in paying the dues, hence taking advantage of the arrangement.
- “Suppose if very very serious matters” comes to light, said the Supreme Court on Tuesday, asking whether it is expected to close its eyes.
- Digital business networking portal for MSMEs Telangana State has been launched by the Telangana Government.
- The Reserve Bank of India is all set to issue the guidelines for fintech companies to test their new products on a small group of users before scaling up.
- Four sports that were given the provisional green light for the inclusion in the Paris 2024 Games by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), breakdancing is one them.
- Ongoing monthly schemes operated by jewelry and chit fund firms will not be affected by the Centre’s recent ordinance banning unregulated monthly deposit schemes.
- Delhi Government school teacher has been awarded with Martha Farrell award for the excellence in Women’s Empowerment, 2019.